Friday, June 4, 2010

Two years and counting...

Two years? Already? I look at this number in the same way that I look at my age on my driver’s license – where did the time go?

But, unlike the grey hairs and fine lines that I see in the mirror, this blog has been a welcome addition to my life. I love knowing that I’m not along in my experiences. I love the varying viewpoints that we share. I love that I have been able to get to know such an array of women.

I would be remiss not to mention KC’s leadership through this time – this is her brainchild and I am grateful for the opportunity to help nurture and grow her idea into the success it has become (and grateful as well as her intermittent reminders about posting!).

My favorite recent post is actually the topic week* where we answered questions posed by women who are considering jumping aboard this road we’ve been traveling. I think these posts distill the essence of what this blog has endeavored to be since we started – a collective forum of opinions and experiences that we can all learn from, no matter where we are in our lives.

It is the blink of an eye – it is two years.
It is my history – it is our experience.
I am a mom who is a physician – we are Mothers in Medicine.

*Please click here

and here

and here

and here

to get a taste of the week!

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed those a lot, too, since I'm one of the women hopping aboard this crazy train! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all of you Mom-Docs for providing this terrific blog!

    I wish Mothers in Medicine had been around when I first became a mom almost 20 years ago. Of course, I hardly had time to read back then, and the Internet was in its infancy. All the more reason to congratulate you for taking the time to tell your stories and finding the courage to share them.

    Keep growing, stronger each year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved that topic week! So glad to have had you writing here from the beginning - love reading your posts and gaining your perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.