Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Boys and Girls


So we have a girl now. And they are different than boys. With Son, I'd just lift up the penis and wipe up any poop on it.

With Daughter, poop gets mashed in between the labia, and I'm entirely freaked out using the wipes on such a sensitive area. And what if I inadvertently shove some fecal matter into her urethra? The state may not allow me to complete this adoption if I were to cause UTIs.

Husband laughs because I've had all this fancy training and I can't change a diaper.

To tell the truth, I've never been much into newborns, but this kid is special. She's mine.

We are having a stellar holiday season thus far. I hope your families are enjoying this season, too.

9 comments:

  1. Hooray! So excited for you and I really hope the paperwork goes through ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased for you FD! I know when we found out the bean is another boy, I was relieved that I didn't have to learn how to clean little girl bits! Hope everything goes smoothly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. front to back, go right in there with the wipe, and remember always front to back.

    ;)

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. True Story.

    When our daughter was a newborn (and our first baby), my husband went to change her diaper. I allowed him to do this solo even though I was kind of a control freak and wasn't sure how well he could handle baby duties. When he came back, he said that the baby wipes container was empty but he luckily found a new tube of them.

    Tube???

    It was a tube of Lysol Sanitizing Wipes with Bleach.

    He barely survived my post-partum hormones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, congratulations! My first 24 hours (even though I had been warned) my newborn son peeed in my mouth...

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, KC and Anonymous! These war stories amuse me so!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be grateful you're doing it now and not back in the (pre-wipe, yes, there was a time) day you had to use wet washcloths or wet cottton balls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm laughing so hard at this post. You'll get it together after you change a few hundred of them, but this is so, so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm laughing so hard at this post. You'll get it together after you change a few hundred of them, but this is so, so funny.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.