Friday, October 29, 2010

Socks on Stairs

by Dr. Shoes

(The latest in patient educational materials, written after one too many such injuries came through my office...)


I like my socks.
I have 12 pairs.
I wear my socks
Upon the stairs.

1 step, 2 steps...
That's not all!
3 steps... Oops!
I slip and fall.

Bump! Bump! Bump!
I bang my head.
Thump! Thump! Thump!
Ouch! "Help," I said.

I wish my socks
Were not so slick.
My low back hurts.
I'm feeling sick.

I have to see
My surgeon now.
My spine's messed up.
Those socks, that's how

I hurt myself.
I couldn't wait
To put on shoes.
Now I'm prostrate

Upon the floor
Below the stairs.
My vertebrae
Will need repairs.

Be more cautious
Than I have been.
Those socks on stairs
Will do you in!

6 comments:

  1. I think I've fallen down my stairs three times in the past year. Always while wearing socks. :-P

    Perhaps I need a good pair of slippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only a neurosurgeon would think of this . . . or the mother of a toddler.

    Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They make socks (fuzzy ones) with little rubber bumps on the bottom for traction. I have about 4 pairs. I think my guys found them for me at Victoria's Secret after several slips down the stairs by me. In socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nice work.Your blog's informative is very rich in contents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wearing double socks (thin socks plus thicker fluffy fuzzy socks) because my feet get easily cold.

    Still, I am fortunate in that I have never fallen down stairs because of slippery socks.... If I'm running down the stairs, I'll skim the handrail with my hand so I have something to grab if I overbalance - has saved me a time or two.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.