Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Join me in my journey to 50K!

So once again, November is almost upon us and once again, it is almost time for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)!

In case you didn't read my post last year, NaNoWriMo is "a novel-writing program for everyone who has thought fleetingly about writing a novel but has been scared away by the time and effort involved." Yes, you too can write a novel that will never be read by anyone ever.

I think it's especially aimed at us workin' folk, who are too busy to write most of the time. This kind of forces you to sit down and write. And it's FUN. All the cool kids are doing it, including yours truly.

I would love to have more "writing buddies" so that we could have some fun competition. If you want to friend me, go here to read my brilliant title and the compelling description I wrote.

I "won" (= finished 50K words) last year, but this year is going to be a much bigger challenge. First, I've got a real job instead of a "research" "fellowship". Second, I'm losing an entire weekend to a conference. Third, Thanksgiving is gone because I'm going to relatives. And fourth... well, you don't need to hear my whole life story, but trust me, I've got stuff going on. But I'm determined to stagger in at the finish line.

Will Fizzy succeed? Can a mother/physician write 50K words in a month? Friend me to find out!

5 comments:

  1. Okay Fizzy, I added you as a writing buddy. Heaven help you but I'm bad at NaNo. On the plus side, this is the most hectic holiday season ever so it's possible I might actually win it this year!

    And if not, it's still fun :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, maybe next year? I've had a rough one, and I'm planning to veg on the couch at night for the next two months.

    Good luck. So do we get to read the worst novel ever?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You only get to read the worst novel ever if you attempt to write the worst novel ever :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did it once. Loved it! Can't with school ..but would love to.
    Artemis has done it a time or two as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing it for my first time this year! 4th year of med school seemed as good of a time as any. I friended you, too

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.