Thursday, December 3, 2009

Time Flies

It's the end of 2009 and this is just my fourth post of the year. Thanks to KC for allowing some flexibility this year. New baby, then a layoff and subsequent job search...I got too busy to post here regularly. But now I'm back.

Last year at this time, we were in the midst of adopting our daughter. One year later, it seems she's always been here. Time flies. I note some of my mothers-in-medicine colleagues have new babies in their homes. I would encourage them to take plenty photos to document how time flies.

Here, for example, is a demonstration of what a change just one year can make...


Just to update you in all areas of the Fat Doctor Life, I thought I should just list some general subjects.

  • My weight: Highest ever. One foot in the grave. Not yet hopeless, but not sure what I need, want or can do right now. Praying for guidance.
  • My career: Happiest job ever. Teaching, clinic work, may get back to some hospital work soon.
  • My family: Son growing into a funny, smart kid. Daughter just had her first birthday and is starting to toddle. Husband is busy with work, the church and taking care of me. He remains my favorite person ever.

So the holidays are back now and the FD family has a full schedule of work parties, church programs and family get togethers. I'm busy but not complaining. This is the kind of busy that makes the world go round, the kind of busy that makes time...well...fly.

It's good to be back.

7 comments:

  1. My goodness, your children are gorgeous! It is so nice to read about happiness in job and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing well, and can I second Sarah's comment? I still really miss your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear everything is going so well for you!
    re: your thoughts on weight - I was recently inspired by this med blogger's post on his own successful efforts to get in shape:
    http://blog.vitummedicinus.com/2009/08/never-trust-skinny-chef-fat-doctor.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are adorable! I hope my own are as wonderful someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Beautiful! FD Was thinking about you the other day wondering how you were. Good to see your posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FD-

    What gorgeous photos! Cherish them - you will turn around (as I did) and find they are off to college!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.