Saturday, March 7, 2009

Favorite Things

For Rinda,


To the tune of "My Favorite Things" from The Sound of Music

Four month old giggles and nine month old babbles
Dermatology cases in which I like to dabble
E-prescribing program that I am now trying
These are a few of my favorite things

A parent who stops me in Target to say thank-you
Tough diagnosis and putting together the clues
Recognition from a preteen that I am connecting
These are a few of my favorite things

Coaching new parents and caring for preemies
Referrals from OBs who bring their kids to me
Hugs at the knees and scared children now smiling
These are a few of my favorite things

Insurance pratfalls
Noncompliance
When the ED calls
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don’t feel so bad
Cross posted at momwithastethoscope.wordpress.com

5 comments:

  1. absolutely love this. how creative. thanks mwas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a YouTube video of you singing this - and perhaps dancing to it - is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do know I am insanely addicted to writing song parodies...have done "My favorite things" on daughter's first birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, y'all! Not sure about the youtube gig - although my kids would get a big kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! This is an excellent way to show how the difficulties of this profession balance out with the fun parts!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.