Sunday, May 9, 2021

Broken Glass

     That seems to be the theme of Mother's Day this year. First I called my Mom at the crack of dawn and somehow hurt myself on a piece of broken glass. Ignored it, and walked around in my right tippie toe finishing the conversation. I haven't sent anything yet, which I regretfully told her, but she assured me that my undivided attention for a half hour was way better than any gift. After I got off the phone I pulled the piece of glass out of my heel - I was bleeding on the floor at this point - and where it came from is still a mystery.

    Then my husband woke up and headed to Kroger after emptying the dishes while I reclined on the back porch reading. He brought back flowers (candles and flowers are my fave) and Jack wandered up - he's 15 now and towers over all of us - and wished me a Happy Mother's Day - things went awry from this point. The flowers my husband brought were originally placed in a too big vase and I asked Jack to help me transfer them to a smaller more appropriate vessel. 

    There are things I regret in my life. One, I once tried to stand upright after a fainting spell (blood pressure meds too much after I lost some weight) and I passed out and broke my jaw in three places. Two, I peed in the waiting room before my colonoscopy - first one - last week and they unfortunately require a negative preggo test if you are under 55 - it took a whole bag of saline and an hour and a half to pee. Three, I almost told Jack to move the vases to the sink but didn't. There was a lot going on on the counter. An entire candle spilled and broke on the floor. It took a lot to clean.

    Cecelia, now 18 and a force to be reckoned with (I'll talk more in a future blog) was spinning positive. She said broken glass ceilings is a good thing right Mom? I've got to go study now. Let's do brunch at 2:30 (something I am currently highly looking forward to). But Jack said he cannot go he just got a job at Cajun Sno he has a shift from 1-5. And he's three weeks out of turning 16 so he cannot legally drive yet she has to take him. He's a gem. Maybe at 15 not the best  on Mother's Day but love languages are different and his is wonderful if not on point for the holiday.

    I hope everyone out there is having a wonderful Mother's Day. We are breaking the glass ceiling, as C said. I couldn't wish for a better community. Stay tuned for more. Below is an image from a vacay in the Dominican Republic pre Covid. Much love, Gizabeth.




3 comments:

  1. Giz, Happy Mother's Day! Here's to breaking glass ceilings together. LOVE the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you KC! Happy Momma’s Day ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy mothers day MiM - can say it belatedly as if it's every day! Ohhh, when our teen boys are taller than we are!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.