Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Ten reasons this primary care pediatrician is thankful to her patients and families

1. Thank you for asking me questions, listening to my answers, discussing options together.
And for answering the many questions I ask of you.

2. Thank you for brushing your teeth in the mornings.
And in the evenings.

3. Thank you parents, for letting your teens talk with me in private.
I always encourage them to share with you what we discuss.

4. Thank you for asking for refills before your medications run out.
And for using your inhalers with spacers.

5. Thank you for understanding how important vaccinations are for your children.
And for getting your own influenza and pertussis vaccines, as parents.

6. Thank you for modeling healthy behaviors.
Reading, drinking water, minimizing inattentive screen time, and getting exercise every day. Together.

7. Thank you for letting medical students and residents learn pediatrics.
You are their teachers too.

8. Thank you for working on quitting smoking.
Call 1 800 QUIT NOW.

9. Thank you mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, great grandparents, neighbors, and cousins for caring about the children you bring to the pediatrician.
It takes a village.

10. Thank you for sharing your stories, and inspiring me to grow and learn with you.  So we can all be as healthy as possible on this journey.  
I'm listening. 


(an earlier version was posted previously by me at www.pediatriccareer.org and I'm still thankful)

2 comments:

  1. This is very sweet! You should hang it up in your office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I'm thankful for this MiM supportive community, happy & healthy T-giving to you genmedmom.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.