Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Go vote!

Last week I got off early and took my 'lil bit with me to vote (aka "bote" according to her).  This is the second time in her little life that she's come with me to our local library to get her "Merican flag" sticker.  Now that she's almost 4 we had a little lesson on the drive over about how girls and people with brown skin like us didn't get to vote a long time ago.  She was adoringly APPALLED!  She said that the people who don't let girls and brown people "bote" were not acting "nicely." I agreed.  So, today, for all us moms in medicine who are walking paths blazed by amazing women before us - HAPPY VOTING DAY!!

1 comment:

  1. I was wishing I'd brought my kids to vote, to start talking about what it means. They're still really young, so def next year.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.