Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Happy Doctor's New Year!

It's here! The first day of the golden year of residency. The last year of residency.  I can barely contain myself! As we all said our goodbyes to the graduating residents yesterday, I felt a pang of resentment... That they are leaving us, leaving me.  Then I remembered that this indicates the end of my torture and the start of a new life.  I hope.  I hope, I hope.

Waking up this morning, I remembered the morning of my wedding day.  I had just woken up bright and early when I saw my hair stylist drive up and park her car.  I ran downstairs to open the door but my mom beat me to it.  When she walked in, I started jumping up and down out of excitement.

I'm not jumping up and down today... But I kind of feel like it!

Happy new school/residency/work year to all of you who live by the July 1-June 30 year!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I remember that feeling - I was starting fellowship and finishing nursing and taking/passing my AP/CP boards in Tampa and moving and so exhausted but saw the light at the end of the tunnel. It's so bright out here get your sunglasses ready:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIKE!!!
    Me too! Its been six years in the making, but finally I have my spot in the chiefs office! We switched on June 23rd so I've finished my first week and its been AMAZING!!!! Hope you have an AMAZING year too!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A HUGE congrats to you Cutter!! I am super excited for you and just so proud!

      Delete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.