Wednesday, October 11, 2017

No big surprise, but…I’m still tired

I’m currently mid staycation with my daughter, and I disobeyed my own advice.  I overplanned.  As a result I set myself up for constant disappointment because, I AM TIRED.  I’m now re-grouping and re-thinking.  Just getting done what I can, hanging out with my girl and enjoying her warm little hugs - realizing it doesn’t matter if we make it to every museum and live kids music performance and puppet show imaginable.  She just wants to hang out and read Rainbow Fairy books.  I have the same bleary eyed overwhelmed tiredness of residency staycations, and it’s a little bit of a revelation.

Attending life is full of new challenges.  I have called patients and set up appointments and reviewed pathology this entire break.  I can’t emotionally separate from what is going on.  There are many good changes - I do have increased control over my schedule, autonomy, and there is a more personal sense of fulfillment.  But, I am still so tired.  I feel constantly behind at home and at work - there is always more to do.  Part of the reason we’re having a staycation is just I didn’t have the energy or time to plan a proper vacation.

So, I’m writing this post as proof that from this moment on I will close my laptop and try to unplug.  And in a few days I will be back, hopefully energized just a bit so that I can keep moving.

3 comments:

  1. Cutter, hope you still have some time on your staycation to just putter around, sleep in, and not try to do too much! MiM spa weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes get some rest!! I wanted to go on two vacations last summer but daughter argued for a staycation and it was so fun and relaxing and saved money. We got a mother daughter massage:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope that rainbow fairy brings you plenty of rest... and some better books :-)

    Be well!

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.