Saturday, May 26, 2012

I can see clearly now

Today is the last anyone can say to me "You should know, you're a doctor," and I can answer "Nuh uh, not yet."

Tomorrow is graduation.

Tonight will be a dinner party at my mom's house. I am really looking forward to it. There will be people from so many segments of my life. There is someone I haven't seen since elementary school coming. My favorite cardiology fellow. My closest friends from my thirties. A friend from undergrad who knew me when I worked the graveyard shift at Denny's.

Nothing is how I thought it would be right now, but I am still relieved, happy and proud. And, I am thrilled the week of rain finally cleared up, because we are having the dinner party on the back patio.


7 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Enjoy it. That was one of the best days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You deserve to enjoy every second of your celebration. I attended a good friend's hooding last week and I keep telling myself..."MS1 down, three to go".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Dr MomTFH! May you always have clarity and sunshine. And if you occasionally do not, please blog about it and we'll provide supportive comments and suggestions in this MiM community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone! The party and graduation were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit late, but congratulations! Glad to hear that the ceremony and party afterward went well.

    ReplyDelete

Comments on posts older than 14 days are moderated as a spam precaution. So.Much.Spam.